A list of all the things we know are broken.
Latest update: March 24th, 2023
- 1.We are aware that losing a battle will result in the refund of the Pirate energy and the Resource Items required to launch the Combat Quests. The Energy and Items will be consumed only if you win the battle. This will be fixed in future builds
- 2.The maximum amount of Pirates that can be bridged to Polygon at once is 5. We will investigate increasing this number in the future, but doing batches of more than 5 can result in issues at the moment, so we are going to keep this limit for a bit.
- 3.In rare occasions, a quest may fail with the notice "transaction underpriced" and a Pirate will still lose energy. A refresh solves this.
- 4.It can take up to an hour to bridge a Pirate from Polygon to back to Ethereum.
- 5.Players may need to refresh their browser to see accurate Bridging progress.
- 6.Recently bridged Pirates will not show up in-game until the game is refreshed.
- 7.The game will freeze if the player attempts a Quest with a Pirate that has started Bridging back to Ethereum from Polygon.
- 8.Game items like the Totems, the Triple Windmill, and other Decorations will not be placeable objects until a future game update. While these cannot be placed on the island currently, these will appear in the inventory and can be traded with other players.
- 9.Gameplay and the Hold and Own feature are not available through mobile browsers at this time. Mobile browser support coming in the future.
- 10.The 8-hour cooldown period is also started after Captain status is ‘removed’ from a Pirate. To avoid this, make sure to select another pirate to prompt to Captain rather than removing the status while you have other pirates available.
- 11.Removing Captain status from a Pirate shows in Logs as successfully setting the pirate to Captain status.
- 12.The game client will encounter some visual bugs from time-to-time. The result of this is that the game displays inaccurate information until it resyncs. You can force the resync by refreshing your browser or wait a little bit, it will normally sort itself out given a little time. Examples of this type of behavior that the team has seen include:
- 1.When energy is used it will occasionally fail to update the number momentarily.
- 2.The position of the screen does not always start in the correct position. As a result, when you open the Quest or Crew screen it may start at a position in the middle of the list.
- 3.Crafted Items or Items awarded from Quests can be slow to show up or adjust their counts in Inventory.
- 4.Incorrect amounts of XP appear when the player hovers their mouse over a Pirate's XP bar.
- 5.Leveling up several pirates in quick succession will result in the level up pop-ups overlapping one another and the screen growing increasingly dark behind the pop-us. Once the pop-ups are closed this will correct itself.
- 6.The energy meter will not show regenerated energy until the browser is refreshed
- 7.The Loot Table information for some quests are cut off. Going fullscreen should fix this in most cases for now.
- 8.Quests cannot be sorted by "Available"
- 9.Some sound and music will play during the Boss Battle, even with Audio turned down in Settings.
- 10.Gold rewards sometimes will not appear on the rewards pop up when completing a quest. It is added to the player's total though.
- 11.Ship stats appear incorrect on OpenSea.